Born in 1998, Marc L. Vogler developed an early passion for music, taking his first piano lessons at the age of four. He continued his passion ever since. Since 2013, he has been a student of Rainer M. Klaas, Tobias Koch and Paulo Álvares, classical pianists.
After some early experiences as a member of Musiktheater im Revier Youth Orchestra, his major accomplishment during the years 2014-2016 was the world premiere of his modern satirical opera “Streichkonzert – Con Brio ohne Kohle” at the age of 17, of which he is not only the composer but also the librettist, performed on January 15. 2016 at the very opera house where he started as an intern. Both the media and a thrilled audience praised the sold-out performance, under Vogler’s musical and theatrical directorship , with several standing ovations.
In summer 2016, he finished school with the qualification Abitur (university entrance level) and continues his path with academic music studies in Düsseldorf and Cologne at the renowned Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln majoring in composition (Prof. Manfred Trojahn & Prof. Brigitta Muntendorf), orchestra conducting and piano.
That gave him the opportunity to establish himself in the world of well-known classical music festivals and obtain engagements throughout Europe, such as:
- Composition Commissions of Europäisches Klassikfestival with the Hungarian symphony orchestra Pécs in 2018 as well as the symphonic orchestra Sinfonia Königswinter and the ensemble S201, both for "Beethoven Year" 2020
- Premiere in 2019 at the music festival AchtBrücken of Kölner Philharmonie with radio broadcast and interview on WDR 3
- Performances with the symphonic brass orchestra Junge Bläserphilharmonie NRW (ExtraSchicht festival in 2018), the ensemble Musikfabrik (2019), the ensemble Offrandes (2019) and for the UNESCO-Candidature concert of and on top of the oldest French open sea lighthouse Cordouan (2018)
- Premiere of his “Ave Maria” for soli, choir and organ in Milan Cathedral, Italy (2018)
- Artist in Residence in France, further concerts in Austria (Vienna) and Japan
- Interview in the German current affairs magazine Der Spiegel
Marc Vogler is Award Winner of the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra (Opus One 2020) and of the international composition competition Artistes en Herbe Luxembourg 2020 (Special Prize Pianissimo for best piano composition).
As a conductor, Vogler worked, inter alia, with the chamber choir of Hochschule für Musik und Tanz Köln and as assistant of Christian von Gehren with the RSH Düsseldorf Symphonic Orchestra. Further activities in addition to that include opera chant as well as organ, drum set and jazz saxophone playing.